Friday, April 13, 2007

You might be a redneck if ...






... you have your very own dirt track in your back yard!

I took a couple of pictures while the boys were out playing on their 4-wheeler yesterday. They just love it! There is a huge field behind our neighborhood. Brian cleared some of it and made a dirt bike/4-wheeler track on it. For those of you who live in Fayetteville ... think about the track on the corner of Stacy Weaver & Ramsey St. (near Burger King). Well, we have a track of our very own right in our back yard. Pretty redneck, if you ask me! But fun too :)

I will try to get someone to take a picture of me on the dirt bike this weekend. It is a little big for me (that's my excuse for what I am about to say anyway) ... and I crashed it a couple of weekends ago. I got a little too confident and decided to go off the track a little. Somehow a huge mesquite bush/tree thing just jumped right out in front of me. Have you ever seen the needles on those things? They are at least 3 inches long and s-h-a-r-p!!! I wasn't wearing a helmet and didn't want my face to get all scratched up so I jumped! Yes, off from the bike! I was so far out in the back that nobody could see me. Good because I wasn't embarrassed. Bad because they didn't know where I was! I had just started pushing it back towards the house when Brian came out on the 4-wheeler to find me. The clutch handle broke and I couldn't get it started. He got it started and rode it back to the house while I rode the boys' 4-wheeler. We have been waiting for a new clutch to come in at the parts store. It should be there today so I am sure I will be out there doing something stupid (and redneck) again this weekend. Stay tuned ...



2 comments:

Pikat said...

tomuchrednecktalk

Anonymous said...

AMY,
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE TURNING INTO THE FAMOUS REDNECK GONE HARD CORE COW GIRL YEEEEHAWWWWWWWW!
YA'LL BE CAREFUL NOW! TALK TO YA SOON.