One day when we still lived in NC my friend Mandy commented on how clean my house/bathrooms always were. Of course I beamed with housewifely pride. Then one day about a week later we were going to have a surprise guest and I quickly wiped down the bathroom with a couple of baby wipes. I had a fleeting thought about Martha Stewart and wondered comically if she would consider my bathroom "clean" after I only wiped it down with a baby wipe. That began my own personal joke about "What Would Martha Do?" I was reminded of W.W.M.D. tonight when I ran into the house after student teaching all day, yelled instructions to the kids to get ready to leave the house because we had to get to Chase's National Junior Honor Society meeting, which was followed by his informational meeting regarding his State Science Fair Competition, grabbed a piece of cold pizza, and ate it while I was peeing!! Would she consider this a real dinner? A piece of cold leftover pizza wolfed down while going pee for the first time after a hectic day spent with 21 kindergartners? I am guessing she would not.
6 comments:
OMG! I almost spit my coffee out! I think it is safe to assume that Martha has never eaten a piece of pizza while peeing- only real women do that! :)
Oh. I thought it meant "What Would Mandy Do?" :-)
Dude!! I would never admit to eating and peeing at the same time...your awesome!
You are so funny and so real!!! You are doing so much and you are doing it all great. Martha wouldn't hold a candle to that schedule. Two questions: How long is your student teaching and do you teach in the same class the entire time?
Dude! I know! I was a little hesitant to admit it, but hey, I was desperate. And you want to know the worst part? I forgot to put the rest of the pizza away as we ran out the door so I had to toss it in the trash when we got home because I am 100% positive that at least one cat licked it while we were gone. I can eat & pee, but I definitely can not eat pizza that's been licked by cats!
Julie,
I student teach for 14 weeks total -- 7 in kindergarten (today was my last day!) and 7 in 4th grade. I am excited to be half way done. I was a little bit sad to leave my kindergarteners today. And I was a lot sad to leave my cooperating teacher. She was awesome! But I am hoping my 4th grade experience will be just as good.
Post a Comment