Friday, May 18, 2007

This is why I have cats



Lately the grass has been growing like crazy because we have had tons of rain. Earlier in the week I cut the grass in our front yard and the neighbor's front yard. He and his wife were recently moved to a retirement home and their house hasn't gone on the market yet so Brian and I have been keeping it up. Well, I was exhausted by the time I was done with the front and side yards (although I did get to count it for 3,312 steps of my challenge) so I didn't cut the grass inside our privacy fence or the neighbor's privacy fence. Brian had the day off today because nobody in the Army at Goodfellow Air Force Base has had a D.U.I. in a year (a miracle around here) so he decided to go out and cut the grass in the back yard this morning. When he went outside he saw Maisy (one of our three cats) playing with something in the grass. It was a snake!! The boys have already found two smaller grass snakes this spring. We let them go in the back field but I was really freaking out about this one so I made Brian kill it! It doesn't help that I found a scorpion in Chase's room last month. This latest finding is not making me very happy. To say the least, Brian is on snake-finding duty and he will be the one cutting the long grass in my neighbor's back yard!