Apparently our trip to NY wasn't eventful enough so we had to endure another crazy travel day on the way back to Texas yesterday ... The first thing that happened was Continental changing our second flight into Austin. I bought our tickets in February so I knew that some small scheduling changes could be expected. We were originally supposed to get in to Austin from Newark at 11:30 am. I thought that would be perfect because we have a looooong drive to our house from Austin. They cancelled that flight a couple of weeks ago and put us on a 2:15-5:18 flight. Continental was pretty accommodating when I called and let us change our first flight from 6:55 to 9:55 so that our layover would only be three hours instead of six. I thought that was nice considering that was the best they could do. The first flight went well and the second flight was slightly delayed due to maintenance problems. We got in around 6:45 and had our bags by 7:00. At 7:30 we were on the road and stopping to buy gas. Somewhere in between the airport and the gas station and the first five minutes on the road I ran over a nail. My tire went flat just as it started to pour cats & dogs. I aired it up enough to go to a Firestone. They wouldn't help because they were closing. I called USAA and they sent out roadside assistance. Yes, I know how to change a tire, but no, I was not thrilled about doing it in the rain after almost 12 hours of traveling. So we ate McDonald's for dinner (so healthy!) and waited. The guy that came out was nice enough and he got the job done. We were home around 12:30 am.
On the bright side ... I came home to an extremely clean house and a bunch of fresh groceries. I even had Klondike Bars (my favorite) in the freezer waiting for me. Yeah Brian!
We're home for five more days then we're heading up to Missouri for the HBLAMY Golf Tournament. I hope that trip is a lot less eventful that our NY trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment