This is from an article I just read online:
More than 70,000 bridges across the country are rated structurally deficient like the I-35W bridge, and engineers estimate repairing them all would take at least a generation and cost more than $188 billion.
Here's the link to the article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070803/ap_on_re_us/bridge_collapse
I don't know about you, but it makes me want to just stay home!
5 comments:
Ok- you are scaring me a bit. This is not something that I used to obsess about but now I am thinking that I want one of those things to break the window too!! Let me know if you find one!
I have found them, but I am still searching for little inflatable vests... you know like they have on the airplanes. I know that sounds absolutely crazy, but if I am going to buy tools to calm my irrational fears I might as well get it all at once and combine shipping costs!!! :)
Don't be a scardy cat. Bridges are a part of life. You weren't afraid of the San Francisco bridge when you and Toby went over it were you? How about the Rainbow bridge when we went to Niagara Falls? What about the bridge going to Grandma Washburn's house , and how about your oun bridge on Albany St? They're all the same. Some just take you longer to cross. No big deal!!!!
But I only had to take care of myself then. Now I would have to swim (not very good at that, remember my dreams I had as a kid about the house filling up with water? I do!) ... and I'd have to save the boys.
Oh, I remember. I also had those dreams. I never grew up an Oswego girl. But, you crossed those bridges like a little trooper while I carried your 5 year old friends. They were so stiff I couldn't believe they had such hang-ups. By the way you should travel the monster bridge over the ocean going to New Orleans. Now that one is worth a bad dream!
Post a Comment