It's that time of year again ... time to go out and buy a bunch of stuff that our kids need for school and that the school doesn't provide. Like tissues, paper towels and soap. I can see buying paper and pencils for your kids, but Chase needs 48 #2 pencils -- 48!! There are 175 days of school here. So I guess that means he only has to use each pencil for 3.6 days.
Trying to make sense of school supply lists created by four different sets of teaching teams in two different schools was overwhelming so I let my slightly OCD tendencies take over for a little while and made one master list of school supplies. Different teachers described things different ways. Some have more specific requirements than others. So I decided to make one list and try to consolodate as much as possible. We went to Sam's Club already, but the only thing they had that fit into our list was the tissues and pencils. I spent $27 on tissues and #2 pencils!! I think I will have to close my eyes when it comes time to pay the bill for the rest of this stuff!
Binder 3 ring, 1 ½“ size 2 Dylon
Binder 3 ring, 1” size 2 Bethany
Colored pencils 12 count, full length 2 boxes Bethany
Composition notebook 2 Chase
Composition notebook Hardcover, no spiral edges 2 Kenneth
Crayons 24 count 1 box Chase
Crayons 24 count, Crayola 2 boxes Kenneth
Eraser 1 Dylon
Eraser 1 Kenneth
Erasers Pencil top ? Chase
Glue stick 1 Chase
Glue sticks Large 3 Kenneth
Highlighter 1 Chase
Liquid hand soap 1 bottle Kenneth
Markers 8 count, Crayola (regular) 2 boxes Bethany
Markers 8 count 1 box Chase
Markers 10 count, Crayola, Primary colors 1 box Kenneth
Notebook spiral, 70 count 1 Dylon
Notebook Spiral, 120 pages or larger, with pockets 1 Chase
Paper graph paper 2 packages Dylon
Paper regular ruled notebook 2 packages Dylon
Paper wide ruled notebook 2 packages Bethany
Paper Wide ruled, 200 count 3 packages Chase
Paper Wide ruled notebook 1 package Kenneth
Paper towels 1 roll Chase
Pencil pouch Zippered 1 Chase
Pencil sharpener hand-held with cover 1 Dylon
Pencils #2 wooden 24 Bethany
Pencils #2 wooden 24 Dylon
Pencils #2 wooden 36-48 Chase
Pencils MAP COLORS (colored pencils) 1 box Chase
Pencils #2 wooden, solid yellow 1 box Kenneth
Pens black 2 Dylon
Pens red 2 Bethany
Pens red 2 Dylon
Pens Black, erasable 1 package Chase
Pocket folder with brads 6 Dylon
Pocket folder PLASTIC, Mead, with brads 1 Kenneth
Pocket folders without brads 2 Bethany
Pocket folders With brads – different colors 5 Chase
Pocket folders With brads, Mead 6 Kenneth
Ruler wooden 1 Dylon
Ruler Customary & metric 1 Chase
School box Plastic 1 Kenneth
Scissors Fiskar 1 pair Chase
Scissors Fiskar, pointed student scissors 1 pair Kenneth
Tab dividers 5 count per package 1 package Bethany
Tab dividers 8 section 1 Dylon
Tissues 3 boxes Bethany
Tissues 2 boxes Dylon
Tissues 2 boxes Chase
Tissues 2 Kenneth
Watercolors 1 set Kenneth
Ziploc baggies Sandwich size 1 box Kenneth
7 comments:
You are rockin' the OCD! Don't you think that school supplies have become yet another racket? I made it by on a Garfield pencil box, 8 crayola crayons, a trapper keeper, loose leaf paper and 2 pencils (#2 optional). Oh yeah and a rectangle pencil eraser. Now you have to buy $50 dollars of crap and still "donate" supplies throughout the year. I suppose your list is further proof that it only gets worse as they advance through the grades. What is on your list for college supplies? I bet it is even longer. Have your classes begun yet? oh, I think I need to call you and talk because I feel like I could write a letter. Take it easy Amy.
And 4 U-haul trailers to get it all to school!
We already started a "school supply command center" to make sure I can keep track of all of it. It's all in one corner of the living-room right now, but by the time I am done shopping I think it will take up 1/2 of our living space!
You might as well buy stock in Staples now!!!!
Do you have a tax free week? Ours starts today!
We have a tax free weekend, but it doesn't start until the 17th and D & B go home on the 11th. I might just get their stuff now and wait on the boys' stuff. Or I might just get the stuff on this monstrous list now and wait to do the clothes/shoes shopping during tax free weekend.
Oh my gosh! How overwhelming! I've been buying things here and there throughout the summer because I know a bunch of my kids don't have mothers who are as great as you and will send their kids in with nothing!
Good luck with all of your shopping!! : )
Post a Comment