Those of you who know me well know that I never, ever push the fundraisers. I have been known to send a note to school with the boys that says something like, "Dear Mrs. Teacher, Chase/Kenny will not be participating in this fundraiser. Please pass this $10 donation along to the PTA. Thanks." I have also been known to tell my kids, "Oh those Rocket Bouncy House Dollar Store Prize Kid Luring Waste of Educational Time Parties are stupid! If we skip this fundraiser I will take you to Mr. Gatti's on the night all of the kids at school go to that stupid party!" It works every time.
I got my pointsetta from the last fundraiser today and I have to say it is the most beautiful pointsetta I have ever bought! I definitely got my $12 worth. And I did let Chase sell them to a couple of neighbors. His band director asked that each student try to sell five. I figured it wouldn't be terrible to buy one and let him sell four to the neighbors. He spent approximately three minutes on this task. Apparently pointsettas are pretty popular. Or maybe the neighbors appreciate the fact that we've lived here two years and this is the first time I've let him go selling stuff at their doorsteps.
Well, they don't know what they are missing ... today we got the COOKIE DOUGH fundraiser. To me, this is the holy grail of fundraisers. This stuff is so good! I will likely buy enough to cover the quota his school has shoved down his throat so I am sure I won't be sending notes or going to Mr. Gatti's this time.
Why am I telling you all of this? I want to share my good fortune with you. If you are one of our local friends and you want something absolutely delicious to spend your Christmas vacation with (orders come in on the 18th of December), give me a call and I'll hook you up faster than a crack dealer on a street corner in Houston.
I got my pointsetta from the last fundraiser today and I have to say it is the most beautiful pointsetta I have ever bought! I definitely got my $12 worth. And I did let Chase sell them to a couple of neighbors. His band director asked that each student try to sell five. I figured it wouldn't be terrible to buy one and let him sell four to the neighbors. He spent approximately three minutes on this task. Apparently pointsettas are pretty popular. Or maybe the neighbors appreciate the fact that we've lived here two years and this is the first time I've let him go selling stuff at their doorsteps.
Well, they don't know what they are missing ... today we got the COOKIE DOUGH fundraiser. To me, this is the holy grail of fundraisers. This stuff is so good! I will likely buy enough to cover the quota his school has shoved down his throat so I am sure I won't be sending notes or going to Mr. Gatti's this time.
Why am I telling you all of this? I want to share my good fortune with you. If you are one of our local friends and you want something absolutely delicious to spend your Christmas vacation with (orders come in on the 18th of December), give me a call and I'll hook you up faster than a crack dealer on a street corner in Houston.
5 comments:
Can you ship some to me????? I am starting my diet again and cookie dough is like crack to this cookie monster!!!!
Too bad it is refrigerated. It is so yummy :) Good luck with that diet cookie monster.
Dear Crack Dealer-
HAHAHA! I totally know what you are talking about! We normally do the cookie dough (and sometimes drinks~soda) in the fall, we didn't do it this year BUT my nieces did=)They are YUMMY! PLUS they make a quick, I was totally thinking about you and slaved over these cookies just for you, after school snack=)
I know just what you mean! Sometimes at night I will pop some in the oven while I am cleaning up from dinner. Then I go in the livingroom with my freshly baked cookies and look like June Cleaver!
BINGO~ and that is how we win mom of the year awards!!!! hehehe
Post a Comment