Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fashion challenged



Many of you know that I am just about the most fashion challenged person out there when it comes to formal-wear. I bought a dress for the Army Ball last night. It was quite an ordeal that required plenty of planning. I don't like to go shopping on the weekends because of the crowds. I don't want to go shopping with the boys because they last about 5 minutes in a store without getting bored. So I had to have everything ready at home so that I could jet out the door the minute Brian got home. It didn't take long before I found a dress that I decided was pretty and comfortable. Not a bad combo! But the hard part starts now. What kind of shoes do I wear? What color? Do I carry a purse? What color? How big/little? A shawl? It didn't come with one so what are the chances I could find one that matches? How do I do my hair? Up? Down? What kind of jewelry do I wear? Should the necklace be long or short? Should I wear a bracelet? Earrings? I am clueless when it comes to anything beyond jeans and tank-tops so if you have any suggestions feel free to send them :) HELP!

3 comments:

Stephanie T said...

Amy, are the little sequins at the top silver? If they are silver, I say you find some pretty silver sandals (with a strap across your ankle) and I wouldn't worry about a shaw. It's warm enough for you to go without.

You'll look gorgeous in the dress, don't worry!!! :)

Abby said...

I agree, silver heels and a nice silver clutch. Pull your hair up, I think it would look nice.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Aim,
I LOVE the dress! Great choice!! You are going to look fabulous! I will definitely get those shoes to you - and don't worry about the shipping, I'm glad to do it! I think either a glittery necklace or some long glitter earrings. I have some nice long glitter earrings that I think are at Deb's - she wore them for her graduation. I will ask her to send them up here then I will send them with the shoes. A cute little silver bag would be nice. A shawl might not be a bad idea if the place you are going is going to be overly air conditioned. If you can find something silvery and light, that would be really nice.
I think you should pull your hair up, maybe in a french twist or something like that. Of course I am going to want to see pictures!! You are going to look amazing!!