Friday, May 11, 2007

The puppy has a name (still)

Here she is ... all 3.4 pounds of her! She had just come in from playing in the rain. She is not the cute, little cuddle bug I had envisioned. She is fiesty, independant, strong-willed, and still named P.J.! "Penelope" won by a small margain, even with Jennifer voting for Tally three times. I love her just as much as she loves her toys. I am considering doggy prozac to make her want to cuddle with me while I watch Grey's Anatomy. Once a week wouldn't do any permanent damage, right? But really, she is still doing great. She sleeps all night, runs to her kennel when she wants a nap, plays well with the other animals, already knows "sit" and how to play fetch, and doesn't hesitate to go out to potty, even during the rain storms we have been having lately. She is just about perfect and I can only hope that when she slows down a little (maybe by the time she is 2!) she'll realize how much I want someone to cuddle with on the soft, mushy recliner.

1 comment:

Stephanie T said...

PJ is adorable! I'd want PJ to cuddle with me too. I think you're right, give her a few years and she'll be an ole lazy dog and want to sit still with you :)

Congrats on the new addition to the family :)