Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Scary Bridges

Do you remember my posting about my 7 things? (see #7)

THIS is why I obsess about how to save my kids if we are ever on a bridge that collapses!!!

THIS happened while we were moving from Maryland to California. The boys and I were driving from NY to Oklahoma to meet Brian who was driving from Airborne school @ Ft. Benning, Georgia. Ever since this happened I have been panicky about crossing large bridges with the kids. The boys and I were coming from the NE so we weren't on I-40 until OKC, but Brian was on this bridge just a few hours before it happened!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I told you I obsess about bridges too but I didn't list that in my 7 things. But good grief I am freaked out about it. How can steel just break?

Julie said...

You would get pretty cold here with your windows down everytime you were on a bridge. They are everywhere and we have to cross them at least twice a day to get anywhere around here. I'll remember to keep them down if you come visit, but try to come in the summer.

Amy said...

I think I'll be ok if I can just get some of those little inflatable life vests to keep in the glove box. Oh, and one of those tools to smash the window if I can't get it to open. I seriously thought about buying a car with crank windows because I worry that a car with electric windows wouldn't work in the water! (Like I said, I obsess about this a little too much) I am glad to hear that your family & friends weren't near that bridge today. I am very sad for the people who were though :(