This ornament is from Shelley & Brandi. It is a "Li Bien" ornament. "Li Bien" is a Chinese phrase that means "inside." All of the painting on this ornament was done on the inside of the glass through the tiny opening in the top of the glass.
This ornament is from my mom. It is a picture of me when I was little. I think she gave my brothers pictures of themselves as toddlers too. That is so sweet and so special! I just love this ornament. It went right to the top of the tree.
This ornament is from Lisa. We usually give ornaments to the entire family, but once in a while we find something just right for one person. This is my first "teacher" ornament :)
This ornament is the one we chose for ourselves this year. We thought it was fitting, considering where we live! My dad got this same one and it has been added to the "top ten list of all time favorite Christmas gifts"
My friend Dwenette (from the college) doesn't know anything at all about our family tradition, but I loved the ornament she gave me so much that I made several like this to give as gifts:
All of these ornaments are on our tree, but there is one ornament that permanently hangs from the little ornament stand I used for these pictures. It is a Precious Moments ornament that my brother Toby gave me the Christmas that I was home on leave from the Army and he was about to go to Basic Training. It seems that our whole family has been shaped by life in the military. My dad was in Vietnam, I was in the Army for a couple of years, Brian has 15 years in, and Toby has 12 years in.
And last, but not least ... Shelley and Brandi broke the rules this year and bought a decoration for the house too. I really love it so I had to include it in my post:
Merry Christmas everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment