Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Ahead (and I got a little off track)

Once a year we advance our clocks an hour so that the afternoons have more daylight and the mornings do not. Supporters of daylight savings time are retail establishments, sporting goods stores, the department of public safety (there are less car accidents), and kids who want to go and play outside in the evening. Critics of daylight savings time are farmers and economists. Apparently we use a lot more gas and electricity during DST.



Although DST is common in high latitudes, most of the world's people do not use it.
DST used: blue areas
DST no longer used: orange areas
DST never used: red areas


On a much smaller scale, DST means that getting ready for school this week is going to be heck around here and that yesterday I had a moment of panic that looked like this:


I was getting ready for my Tastefully Simple party when I first realized I had lost an hour. And let me tell you ... I needed every single minute I could find. All of a sudden I had 60 less minutes than I needed. Fortunately for me D.J. and Jennifer were the first two people to show up so I put them to work. D.J. had blender duty making Vanilla Bean Chiller and Jennifer made the Prickly Pear Cooler. Now, just to show you all that I am not a pushy salesperson and that I am as honest as I always claim to be ... I am going to tell you how we all felt about the Prickly Pear Cooler. And I can sum it all up by telling you what Kenny said when he tried it. He said, "It tastes just like Airborne!" And he's right. I love Tastefully Simple. I love their beer bread and dips like nothing else on earth. I could live on their soup. The new Classy Chocolate Pound Cake .... Oh. My. Goodness. It. Is. So. So. So. Good!!! But the Prickly Pear Cooler .... well, you can skip that. Wait a minute ... this post was supposed to be about the time change. Well, I guess since I got into my Tastefully Simple party I will show you those pictures too. Here is my spread:



And here are the boys chowing down on the leftovers:


I had a really fun & successful party. I think Lisa is safe from the quarterly Tastefully Simple business monsters for one more quarter. So thank you to everyone who came to my party yesterday, everyone who couldn't come but ordered online, and everyone who just reads my post anyway! Even though we've already made our goal you can still order some Tastefully Simple if you want to. My party will be open until the 15th. I would just avoid the Prickly Pear Cooler! Go to Lisa's website by clicking HERE.

No comments: