Monday, November 10, 2008

There is a Cow Skull ...

in my yard!

Do y'all remember this posting? (Yes, I used y'all ... it just seems appropriate for someone who lives in Texas and has a cow skull in her yard) Apparently one day about two months ago Brian took the boys back to the site of the deadcowkickingepisode that still gives me nightmares. They brought home the skull of the cow that saved me $6.87 at Petsmart. They soaked it in bleach and left it out in the sun to ... to ... to what ... dry? cure? get ready for display? Who knows what the reason was?!? I just know that I found it last week in an area around the side of the house where Brian parks his truck and I rarely venture. When he came home this weekend to visit I asked him what his plans were. He and the boys checked out the skull, declared it ready for display, and attempted to place it in my ivy and flowers out front. Obviously, we had different opinions about where it should go. I voted for the Twin Buttes so that the skull could be reunited with the rest of the cow's skeleton. The boys voted for the front yard where all of the neighbors could see it and feel green with envy. Apparently we have compromised because now it is in the backyard next to my little tree. I have a feeling I am going to have to keep a close eye on my two boys and their troublesome dad. I wouldn't be surprised to drive up to the house one day and see it sitting out front, being proudly displayed like the trophy they think it is. God help me, I need a daughter!

4 comments:

S.S.R.Z.M. Himes said...

OMG~ I am soooo happy my boys are not adventurous and only like dirt! Plus you should of waited before you made someone get fixed. We had the girl "surpise baby" almost 7 years after what I thought was our last. If you would of waited you may of been that lucky! I have rad many of your comments about needing a little girl. Are you serious? If so there are things you can do to have that little girl. I will warn though sometimes they can be just like the boys only when they are young you can put them in dresses and fix their hair in bows-cute! paint toe nails and finger nails. My girl is quite the little love/cuddle bug-which is a bonus most days! I strongly suggest getting one!

Anonymous said...

you need to get those boys of yours (all three of them!) up to NY and out of that southern state!! : ))
JL

Amy said...

I have other "bones" in my yard in various places. I should put them on here. Whenever Brian goes out for a run or a bike ride and sees something he thinks the boys would like they go back out and decapitate it. It is really very disgusting to me.

S.S.R.Z.M. Himes said...

YUCK!