Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Honey

I love the internet. I love digital cameras. I love skype. I love instant messaging. And I love email. Why do I love all of these things? Because in 1996 - 1997 when Brian was in Bosnia I would wait impatiently for the mailman six days a week. I was home with a new baby and I lived for that moment when I could check if I got a letter from Brian. The letters were usually a month old and would often come in groups. I would go days without one and then all of a sudden I would have five of them in one day. I know that it's nice to get real mail, but what's even better is that in the past three days I have asked for and received about ten pictures, had several hours of instant messaging, and had a few skype calls with my honey. If you don't know what skype is think 'The Jetsons' and telephone with tv attached. Brian and I can sit and talk to each other and see each other live in person at the same time. It is absolutely amazing to me and oh-so-much better than the Bosnia days! When Chase was born I had to send Brian a Red Cross message to let him know that we had a birthday for our baby. Then the day I came home from the hospital Brian had to stand in line for over an hour to call me for five minutes. Our phone call was dropped and I didn't get to talk to him again for a few days. Today while I was washing dishes I heard my boys skyping with their dad without any help from me. So I will say it again ... I love the internet. I love digital cameras. I love skype. I love instant messaging. And I love email. Oh, and I love my honey too :)

5 comments:

Julie said...

So glad you are able to communicate. Hopefully it makes the distance more bearable. I remember those days. I found out I was pregnant at Goodfellow and it took a while to tell Ryan because he was in Japan. I love the internet also.

Anonymous said...

I love all of those things for you too! How great to be able to stay so in touch with him!! :)
JL

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

I think I am going to have to look into this Skype thing you speak of!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy we have webcam its just like skpe you should give me you login and see if we can talk on the webcam. How awesome that would be!!
Talk to ya later,
Cindy lou in NC

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy we have webcam its just like skpe you should give me you login and see if we can talk on the webcam. How awesome that would be!!
Talk to ya later,
Cindy lou in NC