Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Turn to Brag

My friend Julie bragged about her smart little boys so I figured I might as well do the same thing! We got our first report cards today. FYI for everyone not in Texas: we have six 6-week grading periods here.

Chase:
  • English -- 95
  • Reading -- 100
  • Spelling -- 100
  • Math -- 95
  • Science -- 98
  • Social Studies -- 97
  • Conduct -- E
  • P.E. -- E
  • Art -- E
  • Music -- E
  • Technology -- E

Kenny:

  • English -- 97
  • Reading -- 96
  • Spelling -- 100
  • Math -- 95
  • Science -- E
  • Social Studies -- E
  • Conduct -- E
  • P.E. -- E
  • Art -- E
  • Music -- E
  • Technology -- S

Kenny's teacher has recommended having him tested for the gifted program. Chase was already "labeled" as gifted in North Carolina so he doesn't have to test again here. We are going to go ahead with Kenny's testing, but even if he is labeled as gifted we are not going to enroll him in the gifted program. All of the gifted kids in town go to one school and are in one class. That would be ok with me except for the fact that each grade level is in a different school. So not only would my kids be going to different schools, they would also change schools every school year. This is already Chase's 3rd school and Kenny's 2nd so we are not going to put them through the stress of changing again when it is unneccessary. Kenny's teacher knows that is our plan but we are still going to test him. I wouldn't mind the label. And she is willing to give him enrichment activities during class. She's been great about working with us on this.

Ok, I think that's enough bragging for one day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Ms. cindy in NC==
High Fives to you both! That is working hard! WAY TO GO!!

Amy said...

Ms. Cindy ... you need to start a blog so that we can see all about your adventures!!! We miss you guys :)

Anonymous said...

I know I should i just don't know how too. Miss you all too!!

Amy said...

Just go to www.blogspot.com and it is simple ... step-by-step! They have templates you pick out (so you don't have to know any html) and easy links to add pictures or videos. You could do it!

Anonymous said...

You and your brothers were all tested! Seems like it runs in the family. Must be from my side!!!!

Amy said...

I think Brian would say he contributes a little of the brain power! But it is definitely 51% my side and 49% his! ha ha ha

Julie said...

Great grades!! Someday our kids can rule the world together:) I agree with your decision about not putting them in the special school, it's fun to just be smart in the regular one. I always knew the two of you were smart, you completed Russian class!!

Anonymous said...

awesome grades! woohhoo!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, amy! :)