Or should I say my lack of tolerance? My friend Mandy used to tease me about how low my tolerance for alcohol is. But more than tease me, she did her best to help me conquer this particular problem. Every chance we got (you know, kids' birthday parties, trick-or-treating, etc) we'd throw back a few and work on my problem. She's a true friend! Well, we've been here in Texas almost a year now. And my problem is back. One time in August we had a few people over and I had two margaritas. Two. I didn't get out of bed until 4:00 the next afternoon.
It has been a heck of a couple of weeks with my projects and the boys projects and we have been very busy. Last night was the end of it. My learning centers were presented last week and their science fair is today. So I asked my darling husband to drop me off and pick me up at the spouse's dinner I went to so that I could enjoy a margarita. I had two. The magic number. After I mentioned something about sneaking alcohol into the Battalion Christmas Party (in front of the colonel's wife by the way) Jennifer started kicking me under the table.
Mandy, what are you going to do about this? Start packing! And you know what kind of packing I mean.
4 comments:
We are going to take care of your problem this summer! So YOU start packing! By the time you return from your Fayetteville vacation you will be able to have THREE drinks with the wives!
I had a margarita kind of day today and a friend took pity on me and invited me to On the Border before Skate Night (who doesn't need a margarita to get through that). I had to stop halfway through mine because if I had finished it, even after eating my meal, I wouldn't have been able to drive. That's what happens when you are the designated everything for so long you can't remember what if feels like to have a drink with a friend. Oh how I long for the days when I wasn't a cheap date. Now I'm just a nurse.
Cherie,
I can help you with your problem, too! :-) Mandy
Hail to the Margarita bucket!
Post a Comment