Ok, so it is riding a bike. My darling husband bought a bike for me last week. Specifically it is a Trek Equinox 9 Triathlon Road Bike. We went for a 10K bike ride this morning. It wasn't too windy but I still felt terribly slow! At one point my hubby said we were going about 20 mph, but it really didn't seem like it. I told him I felt like I was peddling under water. And maybe 20 mph isn't fast. Maybe he wasn't saying "We're going 20 mph, isn't this great?!?", but rather, "Come on, pick it up, we're only going 20 mph." I couldn't tell what his meaning was because I was so focused on deciding whether or not I could handle being a little bit fat. I was thinking exercise/sit on the couch ... skinny/fat ... bike riding/playing on my blog ... skinny/fat ... you get the idea.
Really, it wasn't that bad. The wind was only about 10 mph today, which is pretty good for a December day around here. And it was a fun way to spend a little time together. Of course, now he's gone for a 20K bike ride on his own since he didn't even break a sweat on our ride. But that's ok ... it gives me time to play on my blog!

3 comments:
Maybe you need your little, light weight 12 speed back. I still have it!!!
This one weighs 21 lb. We weighed it today. Brian's weighs 22, Chase's weighs 31 and Kenny's weighs 32. That makes me think my mountain bike must weigh at least 40! I bet my little raspberry colored bike is pretty light. Maybe this summer I should take it to a bike shop for a tune-up. Chase is probably almost big enough for it.
Sounds ok to me, I'll hold on to it.
Post a Comment