I want to send a great big THANK-YOU to the Himes family and Build-A-Bear. A few days ago I sent my friend Samantha (whose husband manages a Build-A-Bear in Charlotte, NC) an email saying something like "Sammy, We have a little girl in our battalion family who has recently lost her brother and I was wondering if you have any good deals for me at Build-A-Bear ... you know free shipping, or anything like that?"She wrote back right away and said she was going to send my email to her husband and see if there was anything he could do. Within hours I had an email from Scott at Build-A-Bear saying that he and his district manager were going to donate any bear, any clothes, any shoes, any sound to this little girl -- free, free, free! All we had to do was tell him which bear and where to ship it. On Monday he sent me an email with a tracking number and said we should expect our bear on Wednesday. We got it Tuesday and it is just absolutely adorable and better than perfect.
My kids have always been big Build-A-Bear fans, but this just makes me love the company even more. So here is my little plug for the company ... if you are looking for a good Christmas gift for someone please remember Build-A-Bear and the kindness that they have shown to us during this time. If you have a store nearby, go visit. They are tons of fun. And if you think it's too late ... well, it's not! You can send a Bear Bucks E-Gift Card!
2 comments:
He is such a cute bear! Both of our boys have a Build a Bear that they love. It is a fun store and now we know that they are a caring company also. Great Christmas time story!
We dropped off the Build a Bear on Saturday, the mother was very excited and extremely thankful for all the love that has been shown to her family in this time of need.
I have told everyone I know about Build A Bear , and this story. I guarantee the next time I need a special gift I will look to the BAB Factory. Once again THANK YOU, and Thanks Amy for making it possible!
DJ
Post a Comment