Saturday, March 22, 2008

Redneckville 101

Yesterday we decided to treat my Mom to her first (and most likely only) lesson in redneckery. In her 50-something years on this planet she had never before used a firearm. Until yesterday. Here she is getting a 2-minute tutorial from Brian.


And here she is blasting through every single beer bottle we set up for her. She's a natural Annie Oakley!

Here are some photos of the boys and I taking our shots. I just love the way Kenny holds the 22. His arm isn't long enough to go all the way around it yet. I think he looks tough & cute at the same time.

Here's Mom taking a business call. Funny that she was chatting away about the caller's bulldog while we were shooting in the background. I wonder if he was worried for her safety?!? Then I heard her laughing and telling him what she was doing. Of course he didn't believe her at first. She had to say it again and I heard her say, "No, really, I am in Texas and I am on top of this big dirt hill shooting at beer bottles! Really!"

After we ran out of ammo the boys wanted to do a little 4-wheeling. Mom and I decided to be the official photographers. It isn't like we were scared to get in the truck or anything. No, it wasn't that at all. We were just thinking of the boys and how they might want pictures. It was a totally selfless act on our parts to stay out of the truck while they climbed hills and blasted through mud puddles. We were doing it for them. Really.

After the boys got done playing Brian pulled up and hollered, "Ok, you women hop in the back, Chase it's your turn to drive." I was a little nervous, but he did great and it was a lot of fun for all of us.


Until we saw this ...

Yes that is a dead cow. And what happens when my kids see a dead cow? They yell, "Stop the truck! Stop the truck! Let's get some cow hooves for Sammy!"

Chase stopped the truck.

Kenny jumped out and started kicking at the dead cow.


And returned with three cow hooves. They are $2.29 each at Petsmart so he was pretty excited about saving us a whopping $6.87 by having no regard for this poor dead animal's remains.

This is the reaction I got when they were both back in the truck and I was saying things like, "I can't believe I just saw my own child doing that."



Anyone else ready to come visit us?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That has to be one of your best blogs yet, Skinny Girl!!!! All I could say while I was reading it was "OH MY GOSH" ... scroll ... "OH MY GOSH!" You should send a couple of those pictures to Ford!

Julie said...

All I can say is ...oh my goodness, we would not fit in in TX, maybe we'll stay here.

Anonymous said...

Ya might be a redneck...if when yer out shootin yer guns at beer bottles and ya decide ta go four wheelin' in the truck and ya come along a dead cow and ya let yer boy pull the hooves off fer yer dog,,,YEEEE HAAA!!!