I know some of these posts are out of order, but bear with me ... I am on vacation, taking an online class, working with a computer that likes to shut down at strange times, and in a house with four kids, four adults, four dogs, and an empty bottle of tequila.
On the day we left NC my Aunt Kathy and cousin Emily drove from Florida to NC to pick us up. We usually try to plan our NY trips at the same time so that we can see each other. They started driving at 4:00 AM and picked us up around 2:00 PM. I had slept until after 10:00 that day so I had a ton of energy and just kept on driving. Everyone was ok with it through the rest of NC and most of VA, but by WV and MD I was getting some dirty looks from all of my passengers. Finally somewhere about 90 miles into PA I gave in and we stopped for a hotel. The only reason I stopped was that the traffic/construction was terrible in this area and the truckers seemed really aggressive. I guess they were just getting on the road for the night and they didn't like the little cars that were taking up their space. Everyone else was glad to stop (especially Kathy & Em who had been on the road for about 18 hours). The only thing that slowed us down on our second day was this guy who should not have been allowed to drive a tricycle, let alone a boat. He was all over the place. We stopped at a rest stop to try to get away from him, but then he stopped too! I bribed the kids with $1 each for the vending machines if they could pee & wash hands in under a minute. We must have looked very silly, but we finally managed to get away from the Padre Pio!


No comments:
Post a Comment