As I mentioned in this post Brian and I recently celebrated our anniversary. It just so happens that we share an anniversary with Brian's new commander and his wife. We figured the company would crash and burn if they were both gone at the same time so we took weekends off at different times. Last weekend was our weekend to go away. We went to San Antonio and stayed at the Inn on the Riverwalk. If you go to the website you can see a picture of the main house. We stayed in one of the smaller houses that is owned and operated by the same family:
This is the view of the San Antonio Riverwalk from our porch:
Here is the inside of our room. Well, the important part anyway. Check out the rose petal heart that they put on our bed for us. So sweet!
We did a little bit of shopping, some sight-seeing, lots of hand-holding, and talked as much as we wanted to without being interrupted by any kids. We stayed out really late and tried to sleep in. We had a great weekend and I really don't know why we only seem to do something like this once every ten years or so!
We were basically around the corner from the exciting night life of the Riverwalk. It was great because we were far enough away that it was quiet, peaceful and secluded, but close enough that I was able to walk home after having too many of these:
The entire weekend lasted about 48 hours. It doesn't seem like a long time, but we came home refreshed and ready to jump right back into parenting our two great boys. Tomorrow I am going to try to post pictures of what they did with their sitter while we were gone. They were definitely busier than we were! I can't wait to show you some of the projects they made ...
5 comments:
I am so happy that you two got away for a weekend. I know that he has a really hard schedule to get away from. Congrats on your anniversary, who would have thought all those years ago that we would both be where we are now.
Remember all the rumors we heard about how DLI marriages never last? I am starting to think the PLT SGTs started those rumors to try to keep us from dating! I don't know any DLI couples from our class that have divorced. Can you believe it's been over 13 years since we were there?!?
Thanks for making me feel old!:) I think it depends on the couple, not how they met. The Marines told Ryan is they wanted him to have a wife they would have issued him one. They were really anti marriage there.
Amy I wanted to wish you and Brian a very Happy belated Anniversary!
It sounds like you two had a wonderful get away weekend!
Good for you;)
Sometimes it is great to have that special time together, which don't happen very often!
Cindy in NC
It looks like you guys had a great time- much deserved!!! I love that picture of the 2 of you!! Hopefully, you don't have to wait another ten years for a weekend getaway!
Post a Comment