Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Addictions Anonymous


I love this stuff. Last winter I spent two straight months sick and always had it in my medicine cabinet. I wasn't buying those pansy ass 6 ounce bottles from the grocery store either. I was buying the double pack of gallon jugs from Sam's Club. Today I came home from school with a killer headache. My migraine meds dulled the pain somewhat, but it never went away so much that I felt 100% again. I would usually reach for the Tylenol PM in a situation like this, but apparently my Tylenol PM addiction has left me with an empty bottle. I was digging through my medicine cabinet for something else to take and I found my leftover supply of Nyquil from last winter. 20 mL later and I am already looking forward to a night of being blissfully unaware of anything and everything, including my headache. I really think I could get addicted to Nyquil. And that's not even a funny thing to joke about ... Brian has a brother that used to drink Nyquil to get drunk and by the time he was 25 his voice sounded like a 90 year old woman who had been smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day. I think I am safe though ... he was drinking the whole gallon jug and I only sip enough to help me sleep. And 99% of the time I take it when I am really sick. Excuses, excuses! Hi, my name is Amy, and it has been 20 minutes since my last drink.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi, my name is Jennifer, and I'm drinking right now.