Friday, August 15, 2008

Mine, All Mine!



See this paint chipping off from my front bumper? The first week I had my car I accidentally parked it in the garage on top of a little too close to Brian's workout bench. I cut a small hole in the bumper which I hid for about 3 years with a front end cover. When we moved here I had to get a front plate (NC doesn't have them, TX does), remove the front end cover, and the paint around the hole started chipping.


See this chip in my windshield? That happened last month when Brian and I went to San Antonio for our anniversary weekend. I don't even know when exactly it happened. It may have been when I was all stressed out because the battery decided to give out in the parking lot of Outdoor World and Brian had to pop the clutch to get the car started so that we could drive to Walmart to buy a new battery. Then we bought a wrench. Then we stood in the 102-degree parking lot so that Brian could install the new battery. That was fun.


See these two dings in the passenger side door? I didn't even know they existed until 5 minutes ago when I went outside to take the other two pictures. No idea how long they've been there. Maybe just since this afternoon at the mall?

I really love my chips, dings, and peeling paint. Do you want to know why? It is because they are mine. 100% mine. Because we paid off my car today!!! Yippee!!!

2 comments:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

That's awesome-congrats! I don't think I'll ever have a car that is paid off being married to your brother and all! :)

Amy said...

This is the first time we've ever paid off a car that we didn't pay cash for (you know, the junk cars!) I am very happy, especially because it only has 61K miles on it. I feel like I can drive it for 4 or 5 more years ... with NO PAYMENTS!!!