Monday, October 27, 2008

Kenny's Big Night

Kenny had a birthday party on Friday night with some of his friends from school. Everyone we invited showed up and the boys all had a really fun time. We started out at Mr. Gatti's, which is a Chuck-E-Cheese wannabe. The party hostess girl was absolutely perfect and made our 2 hours there actually easy and relaxing for me.


This is a picture of the seven third graders in attendance. Chase and Zach were too cool to participate in the silly picture.


After we were done at Mr. Gatti's we walked next door to the movie theater to watch High School Musical 3: Senior Year. It was quite a coordinated event to get 9 boys into the theater with popcorn and drinks. Chase and Zach happily abandoned us to sit with a huge group of preteen girls that thought they were almost as cute as Zac Efron. I don't have a good picture of my seven third graders because by the time all of the work was done the movie was about to start and I couldn't see! So I snapped two quick pictures (much to the dismay of everyone around us) and sat down fast before anyone could throw popcorn at me.




After the movie we continued our little walk to go to Marble Slab Creamery. I walked in the door and said to the lady behind the counter: I have nine boys with me. I would like to get them each one scoop with one mix-in. Good luck and I'll see you at the cash register! Then I went zen for ten minutes while she did all of the work. By the time the boys all had their ice cream the parents were showing up to pick up their kids. It was a perfect night and we all had a lot of fun :)

6 comments:

S.S.R.Z.M. Himes said...

That didn't seem to bad~ costly but not to bad!!! The boys looked like they had a great time! Now you can relax for another 2-3 years before you have to (give in) do it again=)

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

You are one brave woman!!!

Amy said...

Sam,
Yes it was costly! But he doesn't get a big party every year. And I really wanted to avoid a sleepover! Their friend Zach spent the night, but having him over is like having an extra kid of my own. He just fits right in.

Lisa,
Brave, yes! Stupid ... maybe! It actually worked out really well. We didn't have very much downtime in between activities so they didn't have time to get in trouble.

Julie said...

Can you be my mom? I would love to have a fun night out like that. I'm not going to let Liam read your blog because his birthday is in a week and I don't want him to get any ideas.

Amy said...

Julie,
Just bite the bullet and let him have two friends spend the night. Buy some $5 pizza and rent a $1 redbox movie! That's my plan for next year.

Julie said...

My child thinks he needs 10 of his Closest friends to do something fun and exciting. We always say yes to Lance because we can send them outside for a summer birthday, it's too cold now for that. I'll let you know what we decide on in a few weeks:)