Saturday, November 29, 2008

Idiocracy from Coast to Coast

Yesterday in Palm Desert, CA two men shot and killed each other after their babymamas female companions got into a fight in a Toys R Us. If you want to read about it click here.

A 34 year old man was killed yesterday after being trampled by the more than 2,000 customers fighting to get into a NYC Walmart. He was a WalMart employee who was attempting to control the crowd. If you want to read about it click here.

A woman in Farmingdale, NY was trampled by overeager customers in a Walmart. She had minor injuries and finished her shopping before she filed a police report. She probably wanted to make sure she still got that Black Friday bargain!

I could go on and on with the crazy stories I found on the news this morning. But really this quote from the NYC WalMart story sums up the insane craziness that has come over some American shoppers:

Kimberly Cribbs, who witnessed the stampede, said shoppers were acting like "savages."

"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling `I've been on line since yesterday morning,'" she said. "They kept shopping."

2 comments:

Julie said...

Nice, I can't believe people are so...I can't even think of a word for it. Did you hear about the pregnant woman that lost her baby in one of the incidents yesterday? I just caught a bit on the news, I don't know where or anything else about it. Strange world.

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

What is wrong with people?
Every year you hear about these types of tragedies and it makes me wonder why there hasn't been a national boycott or something. No ones life is worth anything that Walmart or Toys R Us has to offer!