My fall semester has ended and I am already enjoying my second day of break. Yesterday after I got the boys off to school I went back to sleep. Then I stayed in bed and read a book. An entire book! Then I got on the treadmill for a while, but I can't claim that I was being totally healthy -- I watched TV while I was on there. I took a shower just in time to go pick the boys up from school. It was great. Today I am staying out of my bed and cleaning the entire house. It might not sound like fun, but it is definitely something that I neglect while I am attending classes so it needs to get done. And if I crank the music loud enough to annoy my retired neighbors then it can be almost fun. I don't go back to school until January 20th. Maybe I will be better about blogging between now and then. But I am warning you now ... next semester is my student teaching semester so I will probably be gone from the blogosphere for the entire 16 weeks. I'll be busy, overwhelmed, scared, dazed and confused (you get the idea) for the entire time I am there! And speaking of next semester ... I have a dilemma that I want you to help me with. I am a pretty good student. Of all of my classes I have ever taken I have received (earned) all A's except one C and two B's. I was hoping to graduate magna cum laude. You have to have a 3.7 for that. I have a little problem ... my Russian grades. When I was in the Army I went to DLI and studied Russian. It was very, very, very difficult and my instructors were very, very, very mean! I would not have made it if weren't for my friend Ryan helping me study and my boyfriend Brian (that seems so funny to say now!) keeping me from quitting. If I quit they would have sent me away and that would have been bad for the whole dating thing. The first semester I got all C's, the second semester all B's, and the third semester all A's. Ironically the first semester you needed a C to not get kicked out, the second semester a B, the third an A. Basically, I did what I needed to do to stay in the program! Anyway, because of my Russian grades my overall GPA at my current college is a 3.678. I am .022 away from magna cum laude. Student teaching is pass/fail so it won't help my GPA. Here's where you come in. I want you to vote. Should I try to have my Russian grades removed from my transcript (which would probably include a messy appeal process) or should I just suck it up and take my cum laude because I did get those C's in Russian so that's what I deserve? Vote over in my sidebar and let me know what you think --------------->
4 comments:
I know I'm supposed to vote over there - and I will, but I have to say that if you want magna cum laude over just cum laude, then get rid of the Russian. The other students that you are going up against would never have been able to do what you did. Don't feel bad about it!
Next thing, I'm SOO glad you are reading ********! Don't you love it?!
: )JL
*I had to edit out the name of the book JL guessed that I was reading because I bought it for my friend Mandy for Christmas. And Mandy, if Jo can guess the book because she knows it is so good that you can't put it down once you start, then you better read it! You can get it done before you go back to school after your Christmas break :)
Come on now...Russian wasn't hard:) This is from someone that flunked out and married your tutor. I am always nervous about paperwork stuff, so I say try to remove the Russian, if it is too complicated then keep it in there and go on. The Magna Cum Laude will not matter when you apply for a job, your letters from student teaching will weigh more.
Maybe I should open it NOW!
Post a Comment