Saturday, September 08, 2007

HELP ME PLEASE!

I have a huge assignment to do. It is the first of many huge assignments I will have to do this semester and over the next 2 years. This first huge assignment is: a resource file that I am supposed to make and keep to use as a teacher. It will consist of ideas, songs, crafts, activities, etc. It has to be organized, color-coded, blah, blah, blah... I have to have 1200 cards in this file! Yes that is one thousand, two hundred cards! Our teacher gave us some great ideas in large files that I have spent the last four days formatting into 4x6 inch microsoft documents so that I can print my cards instead of handwriting them all. I sweet-talked the computer lab tech into printing them for me so that I don't have to use $50 in ink toner at home. So far I have 952 cards. That leaves me 248 short. No, she isn't going to count them. But I am pretty sure she'll be able to tell if I am almost 250 short. So ... if you have any ideas, please send them my way. I will take poems, songs, craft ideas, activities, book ideas, anything that would go with a school theme (seasons, holidays, first day of school, etc). And... even if you are someone I don't know who is reading my blog because you got to it through your friend's blog -- you are invited to participate also. I will take all of the help I can get here people! Thanks so much and have a great day. I'm going back to the dining-room table to color-code some more cards.

*UPDATE*
I am up to a little over 1,000. Thanks for the great ideas and websites. Keep 'em coming!

6 comments:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Saw this and thought it might be helpful...
http://www.5minutesformom.com/2270/cc-trash-to-treasure/

Cherie said...

Amy I want to help but I draw a blank without more boundaries. In what area are you lacking filler? Send it my way and I'll try to help. On a different note...first day for the ones was interesting. Out of eight kids, we basically had 6 or 7 (at times) crying for the first hour and a half. I had one on each hip and so did MK. We had a mom stay to help out, i.e. watch her kid, who was invaluable. Without that extra set of hands, I don't know what we would have done. S would have been in there the whole morning with us. I'll tell you all about it when we talk next.

Anonymous said...

Have you checked your myspace lately? I left you some ideas there.

Amy said...

Hi Amber,
Yes, I got them yesterday. Thanks so much!

Cherie,
Thanks for the ideas in your emails.

Lisa,
Thanks for the website.

Chase is helping me make a "Presidents" file and apparently (he knew this) there are 45 of them so that'll help. And Aunt Kathy suggested doing a "Texas" file so I am thinking I might be able to get around 50 out of that. I did "Poems" yesterday and got a little over 40 out of that.

I am getting there!

S.S.R.Z.M. Himes said...

Amy- Do you have one for learning the value and order of pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters? It is just a little song? Zachary learned it in first grade, it is cute. Use your hands to, to show value etc...Let me know I will send it if you don't have it. I will have to think. I am sure you have days of the week songs or poems. I will shoot out an email to my teacher friends

S.S.R.Z.M. Himes said...

Pennies, Nickles, Dimes and Quarters song? Shows values and order by using hands and song. Days of the week songs I am sure you have them. I will email teacher friends and see if they can help out.