Recently I wrote about how we have rediscovered The Muppet Show. My good friend Mandy, who is usually very intelligent, did not click on the YouTube video I had in my posting because she thought I had somehow found a way to link an entire episode of the Muppets to my blog. Now I am not really sure if that is even possible, but I can assure you, I know you do not all share my fond memories of this show. When I think of The Muppet Show I am instantly reminded of how wonderful my childhood really was. I am one of those rare people who has no complaints and does not need therapy. I think of spending 30 minutes a week eating freshly popped popcorn huddled around our tv set, sitting on our soft brown velour sofa, wrapped up in cuddly blankets ... laughing at the Swedish Chef, Pigs in Space, Animal playing on the drums, and all of the other crazy Muppets on the show. Even though Brian and I saw them all several times in the 1970s we are still working our way through season one here in 2008. Yesterday we watched an episode that had "special guest star" Florence Henderson. Today's YouTube video is very short and has one of my all time favorite Muppet Show songs. So if you want to spend less than 2 minutes going down memory lane with me, click on it. Oh, and if you want to watch the original You Tube video I put on here a week or so ago that was a 38-second Swedish Chef video click HERE.
6 comments:
I guess I will consider "usually very intelligent" a compliment! And I did watch the video once you informed me that it was less than a minute...and I watched today's episode, too! I guess I am just too young to remember them! :-)
You aren't that much younger than I am!!! Did Rusty watch the Muppets when he was a kid?!?
Hey I consider myself a young'un and I watched them!!! Do you remember Fraggle Rock. That was and still is one of my favorites. I recently bought a Fraggle Rock DVD to show the kids. Ok, it was for me but SHHH!
I loooooooooved Fraggle Rock! Down in Fraggle Rock!!
And how about "No Gu-news Is Good Gu-news With Gary Gu-new"? Who remembers that one? Anyone???? Codolston pie is a wonderful song!!!!
Isn't that little Pug sooooo cute!!!!
Post a Comment