Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Treadmill Anniversary

Earlier this month Brian and I celebrated our anniversary. On wikipedia.org it says this: Married persons who regard the day of their marriage as important may mark the occasion in some special way. Brian and I do tend to think of the day of our marriage as important, but we are not big into the gift giving thing. I remember one year for my birthday when we were in NY with all four kids he gave me a Pepsi and left to drive back to Maryland without me. He took all four kids and I stayed to spend the day with my parents. I drove home by myself the next day, listening to music and not talking for the entire 6 or 7 hours that I was on the road. I am telling you, that was a nice "gift"! Anyway, some of the more traditional gifts that are suggested are wood for the 5th, tin or aluminum for the 10th, crystal for the 15th, china for the 20th, silver for the 25th, gold for the 50th, and diamonds for the 75th. The modern list is a little different, but you get the idea. This year for our anniversary we bought a treadmill. Technically we didn't buy it as an anniversary gift, but it did happen to be delivered really close to our anniversary. So that's my story. It's the treadmill anniversary this year. That's our excuse for spending that much money on ourselves anyway. Good enough?

4 comments:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Is it made of tin or aluminum? Then it would be the perfect gift for a 10th anniversary!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun with that! I used my today, YEAH!
DJ

Amy said...

I have been using it every single day! I go for 30 minutes in the morning and (sometimes) 30 in the afternoon. It depends on how busy we get. I just love it!!!

Amy said...

I have been using it every single day! I go for 30 minutes in the morning and (sometimes) 30 in the afternoon. It depends on how busy we get. I just love it!!!