
My treadmill has helped tremendously with my 400 mile goal. It's early August and I am already up to almost 300 miles. Like every other woman I know, I sometimes feel a little discouraged about my weight. A year ago I weighed in at 123. I am going to put myself out there (because that's what all of the diet & fitness experts say to do) and tell the entire blogging world that I am up to 131.5 pounds right now. Yesterday I was talking to Jennifer and I told her that I thought I was near 135 so I was surprisingly pleased when I weighed myself this morning (and that was after breakfast!) And I am thinking that not very many people read this blog anyway so I am not really putting myself out there too much! Anyway, I feel stuck. I like weighing around 125. 120 would be nice, but I let go of that when I let go of my 20's. I run, I walk, I eat about 1/4 of what I ate 10 years ago. What gives?
I'll tell you what gives. I am not obsessing about it. I feel good when I get on my treadmill and run or go outside and walk. My clothes fit ok. And another thing ... there is this girl that I see almost every time I go walking. I call her the running anorexic. The first time I saw her I went home and asked Brian, "Do you think an anorexic girl would run?!?" because I was so surprised to see her. She is young -- maybe about 20 years old. She is thin -- her legs are about as big around as Kenny's. And she is slow -- she shuffles like an old man. I saw her in the grocery store last week. She was wearing her big baggy running clothes that Brian & I could probably use as a camping tent, her eyes were lifeless and dark, and she was buying one banana and a bag of baby carrots. I guess 131.5 pounds isn't so bad after all. I guess I can deal with that.
Now I need to go fix myself a margarita and not think at all about how many calories are in it.
3 comments:
Good for you! You know you are tons happier than she is!! : ))
JL
ps - 131.5 is awesome! You look GREAT!!
:)
I can only DREAM of 131.5!!! Hey but my 30 days of water are successful and now I am onto 30days NOTHING FRIED!!!! Amy...you look GREAT!!!!!
Post a Comment