Those of you who know us know that our plans (and I use that term loosely) are constantly changing. Remember last week when Brian called to ask about an assignment to Fort Bragg? And remember that he found out that he was on assignment to Germany? Today he was put on a different assignment. He'll be leaving for Fort Riley, Kansas on October 12th for a short train-up. Then he goes to Iraq for 12 months. I am not exactly sure when he leaves for Iraq yet. I thought it would be early December, but he is thinking it might be early January. We should find out next week. I'll keep you updated.
7 comments:
Oh my gosh! Iraq?! I don't want him going over to Iraq! : (
I'm sure it's probably too early to ask, but I guess this means that you guys will probably stay in Texas, right?
JL
So that's what your talkin bout Willis! ;)
Oh Amy, I am so sorry to hear that he is going to Iraq. I couldn't be that flexible, that might be why you are the Army wife. I would just lay down and through a temper tantrum. If you need anything please ask.
Iraq man oh man. So now can you come back to Bragg since he will be gone.
Ok that is pretty selfish of me, but we only wish you guys could come back here!
I tell you never know what the Army will do with ya!
Cindy in NC
JL~ Yes, we are staying in Texas.
Lisa Lou Hoo~ Yup, that's what Willis was talkin about!
Julie~ I don't have enough energy for a temper tantrum! Need to make sure the boys are ok. But believe me, I'll throw a few during my year that he is gone. I just usually throw them alone at night after the boys have gone to bed!
Cindy in NC~ I would pack and head back to Bragg in a heartbeat if I wasn't in school. Maybe we'll visit at Christmas-time if he is gone already. My brother & family are moving back there next week :)
Everyone~ Thanks for your kind words and offers of help! We'll make it through this just like every other deployment and every other Army family does!
Glad to hear you are "dealing" with it, sorry that you have to. Sorry also that I spelled throw as through (writing to fast I guess:) Keep blogging your thoughts and feelings and we'll help you get through the year.
Aimer...Everytime I am away you post something urgent to know. Maybe if I stay home that will stop!!! I am sorry to hear the Iraq word come into play =( Ya' never know maybe this will change too!?! If you need anything please do not hesitate....
Post a Comment