Sunday, September 14, 2008
Here's Hoping ...
I finished and submitted my essay for the Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged $10,000 scholarship. All 1296 words of it. It took me about a month to read the 1078 page book, a week to think about which essay question to answer and how to answer it, and five hours (with breaks) to write the essay. First place is a $10,000 scholarship. There are 3 second place scholarships worth $2,000 and 5 third place scholarships worth $1,000. Then 20 finalists get $100 and another 20 get $50. I don't want to seem greedy, but I am hoping my hours and hours of reading and writing are worth more than $50. Winners are announced on November 27th. I'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck! So how was the book? Was it worth the time to read it?
It was very interesting and I enjoyed it. I did buy the cliff notes to help me understand it and to help make it go a little faster! I would read the chapter in the cliff notes first and then read it in the real book. That way I never had to reread anything and I always understood what was going on.
Way to go!! Good luck on the scholarship! I can't way to see how much you win! : )
JL
Post a Comment