Wednesday, September 17, 2008

House Husband


On Saturday our friends Karl & DJ hosted a great party in Brian's honor. It was a lot of fun and the speeches everyone gave about Brian were so touching that I almost cried. I say almost because in the back of my mind I was thinking about all of those phone calls. And the 14 hour work days. And the phone calls. And the long work days. (you get my drift) So even though the things everyone said were touching and made me so proud of the man I married, I was also relieved because he is taking 30 days of leave before he goes to Fort Riley for his training. That is 30 glorious days of not waking up at 5:20 (4:20 on Tuesdays for PT tests). That is 30 glorious days without middle of the night phone calls, underage drinkers, DUI's, or inappropriate sexual relationships that the 1SG apparently needs to know about. 30 glorious days without calls from the local police or the military police. (I think they've had our number on speed dial since the minute we got here.)

The party was a lot of fun and if youtube.com wasn't down for system maintenance right now you'd get to see some funny videos. For now I am just going to be happy that I have my husband home with me. He has been cooking, cleaning, washing dishes, cleaning the house, dropping the boys off at school in the morning and picking them up in the afternoon, walking the dogs, shopping for groceries, and doing everything that I normally neglect get done during the week. I love having a house husband. I am thinking that when he retires from the military in 4 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days (who's counting?) he should just stay home and take care of me, the boys, the house, and the pets. He is doing a super job and I am loving every single minute of it!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats to Brian for taking some time off. I hope you can have some family fun together during the next 30 days.