Tuesday, September 30, 2008
In the Nick of Time
I got an email today from a scholarship committee whose scholarship I applied for (and didn't win). The email talked about a program that I didn't even know existed -- a military program called Spouses to Teachers that helps pay for certification exams. I've heard of Troops to Teachers before, but never Spouses to Teachers. Unfortunately the email was to inform everyone who was a military spouse that the Spouses to Teachers program was not going to continue to receive funding for the next fiscal year and that it would be ending soon. The good news? If I registered before September 30th (today!!), I would be eligible for teacher certification exam fee reimbursement through March 31, 2009. I have three exams to take that each cost $120. I read my email at 4:30, did some fast clicking around online to get to the right phone number for the Spouses to Teachers representative in Texas, called her up and registered over the phone. 21 minutes before the deadline, I got in! I basically earned $360 that I thought I was going to be spending on my own. Just in the nick of time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweet!
Post a Comment