Thursday, September 25, 2008

Things I've Been Meaning To Tell You

Ok, so I have not been so good with the blogging lately. As usual my excuse is that I am too busy with school. So let's get a little caught up ...

PJ went to the groomers to get a short hair cut. I was not able to keep up with her long hair any more. They did a pretty good job and she smells great, but they shaved her little nose (which I did not want them to do). Other than that she is looking good. She has the cutest pink bows in her hair that have tiny purple teddy bears on them. They came from Puppy Pals. Thanks mom!! If I can't have a daughter, at least I can put cute little pink things on my dog.


Here's a picture of a picture of PJ when she was 6 months old and I was trying to grow her hair out. She looks very pretty, but it was too much work to keep her hair from staying tangled all the time.

This picture is on a gift that my friend Mandy sent to me that I would like to show you. It is a magnetic board that has been painted with textured paint. The buttons are magnets that you use to hold the picture.

One side is a nice khaki color ...


And the other side is black ...


Isn't it just great?!? I love it! And the best part is that Mandy made it! All by herself :) She is starting a little business called Prairie Designs. Her slogan is "Prairie Designs: A Simple Way to Design"

Here is a picture she took for me to show off some of her button inventory. She sent it to me right side up, my computer saved it right side up, but Blogger is insisting on rotating it sideways and I can not fix it. Sorry about that! But you get the idea ... she makes cute magnetic picture boards and has tons of buttons to go on them. Let me know if you want to order one. I think you should buy some for me for Christmas they'd be great Christmas gifts.


Next order of business...

Do you remember last June when Lisa & I took the kids to have their pictures taken? Here is the final product. I had a custom matte made at Hobby Lobby and it looks so great!!! (forgive me for the angle, it's right here next to my computer desk and I took the picture from my seat). I just love it and wanted to share it with you.


Moving on ...

Kenny is trying to get into the triathlon thing too. I can't help but think his motivation is a little different than Chase & Brian's. Maybe that is because Brian bribes rewards him with 30 minutes on the computer for every triathlon he completes.


Now that my semester is getting busier Brian has been taking the boys out front to play football every night after dinner. Yesterday I took a break so that I could go out and snap some action shots:



And here's a picture I took of my new flip flops. I think I was avoiding my school work!


And here's another picture from our barbecue a couple of weeks ago. Even though he is wearing a swim cap I still think he's hot. So I thought I'd share with you.


I think those are all of my updates for now. Brian is still home on leave and we are enjoying every minute of it. I promise to try to be better about blogging. But I probably won't succeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell them no nose shave!!! All of the boys look cute, wish I were there. Love ya!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet! Thanks for the free advertising! :-)