Saturday, February 16, 2008
I Must Be Getting Old
Thursday as I was walking into class I overheard one of the (younger) college students on her cell phone. She was obviously talking to her parents about money. What I heard her say was, "No, you don't get it. You just don't understand that $300 doesn't go very far these days." She started saying something about the price of gas but by then I was walking too far past her to hear any more. I couldn't help but feel bad for her parents. And I laughed out loud. Right there by myself as I was walking to my next class. I felt like going back to that little 18 year old girl and telling her that her parents surely knew how far $300 could go and that she should go get herself a job! I wanted to tell her that she should appreciate the gift they were giving her instead of whining for more money. And I wanted to make myself a note that says something like this: If one of the boys ever tell you that you don't know how far $300 goes when you offer to give them $300 be sure to give them $200 instead. Then remind them that it could have been $100. And tell them to learn how to make it stretch. Be sure to tell them that they should be grateful instead of selfish and whiney. Oh, and tell them to get a job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment