Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rodeo Parade

We went to the Rodeo Parade yesterday. I have never seen so many horses in one place in my life! I won't bore you with the endless pictures of horses and marching bands that I took. But I will share my three favorite pictures:


My cool boy up on a flower box trying to get a better view of the 10 year old cheerleaders.



The longhorn cow that some of you may remember from the boys' Christmas photo (we did two different photos for two different cards that I had).



And ... the best entertainment of the morning. These donkeys decided they were done walking. Done. This poor guy spent about 20 minutes pushing, pulling, whipping, begging, bribing, crying, etc. right here in front of us. About half of the parade passed right by him while he tried to convince his donkeys to pull his covered wagon. I don't know who the guy with the baseball cap (behind the covered wagon) is. He thought he'd try to help by chatting with the people inside the wagon. Somehow I don't think he was much help at all!

Anyway, the whole thing was rather entertaining. And a good way to get out of the house for a little while. Stay tuned later in the week for some Rodeo photos.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't remember the bull from the Christmas card....Oh yeah, that's because WE DIDN'T GET A CHRISTMAS CARD FROM YOU.

Amy said...

Are you kidding? You were on my list! Are you sure????

Jennifer said...

I'm positive! It's okay though. I mean, I photoshopped it, so it's on my computer someplace...

Amy said...

I sent it the same day we sent Kenny's thank-you card for the play-doh you gave him for his b'day. I remember clearly because his b'day was in the end of October so the thank-you card was very, very late. Did you get that?!?

Jennifer said...

Yeah, we got the thank you card. It's NO BIG DEAL. I'm telling you. It'll be funny when we get it in 70 years.

Amy said...

Let's see 70 years ... times about 35 moves with the Army ... plus about 50 postage rate increases ... it should only cost you about $25 bucks to get the Christmas card with the picture that you photo shopped for me and you already have on your computer. Sounds like a fair deal.