Sunday, January 04, 2009

Let's go for a walk



I was talking to my Aunt Kathy the other day about New Year's Resolutions. I decided I was not strong willed enough to give up fast food so she suggested another walking goal. Since last year's was not enough to help me lose a single freakin pound, I decided to make this year's a little harder. I will be attempting to walk 600 miles this year (I did 400 last year). I won't be wearing a pedometer and none of my daily walking around counts. Nothing I do out on the playground with a bunch of little kids counts. The miles of walking around campus do not count. The hours spent walking the grocery store aisles? Nope, not that either. The only thing that does count is when I intentionally go for a walk for exercise. Anyone want to walk with me? A little 600 mile stroll?

2 comments:

Julie said...

I hate to tell you that the year that I trained to do the 3 day (60 mile walk) I did not lose a single pound. I'm sure your body is different and you are probably a faster walker. Good luck with your goal!

Anonymous said...

I want to walk with you! I just got on my treadmill the other day and noticed that my screen is blank - you know the one that used to tell me how far I had gone and how many calories I burned. Hmm... Now how will I know?
JL