Literally. I have finally made a decision regarding my major. Well, if I am being honest, I have made another decision regarding my major. A month ago I registered for six classes that would help me get my degree in Sociology (with a minor in Psychology). The schedule was great and the idea of being done by the end of summer '08 was very alluring.
But then I spent a month feeling like I was not following my gut instinct. I want to teach. I love to teach. I want to make job charts and calendars. I want to make little froggies that hop from green to yellow to red when the kids misbehave. I want to wipe snotty noses. Yes, I really do. I am not sure I want to deal with the politics of the school system, but I will cross that road when I get there.
So today I applied to the education department to officially make teacher education (ECH-Gr. 4) my major. I dropped my six SOC and PSY classes and added six classes that will help me progress towards my degree in education. It will take me a little longer to finish. And there's a chance this could all get royally messed up if we get orders to leave GAFB before I am done. But that's a chance I need to take because I need, need, need to follow my gut!
A great big THANK-YOU to everyone who wrote or called and helped me sort through my options and the pro's and con's of each major. Hopefully I won't change my mind again between now and when classes start. Once I have started, there's no turning back. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment