Sunday, June 24, 2007

The talk


This afternoon the boys and I went to visit my Aunt Carol and my cousins Suzanne and Colleen. We sat and talked and really enjoyed our visit. I have been a little stressed lately with all of the traveling we have been doing and the worrying I have been doing for my friend Chris who recently lost her husband in Afghanistan. Well, that led to a very early, unexpected visit from another relative of mine ... my Aunt Flo (aren't you glad you decided to read my blog today?!?) This left me in a very embarrassing situation at my Aunt Carol's house today. The worst part was that it forced me into a "talk" with the boys that I had not anticipated having today and was not prepared to have. So, on the way home I gave them a very scientific explanation of what was going on. When I was all done explaining everything I asked them if they had any questions. Chase had very intelligent, equally scientific questions. Kenny asked me if I thought PJ's hair was going to get lighter as she got older. Ahhh ... the life of a parent ... always exciting. I am starting to think I should have used Jennifer's reasoning to explain everything to the boys. It would have been easier and I definitely would have felt better after a couple of shots of tequila!

No comments: