I called my Gram a little while ago to ask her about some recipes for Super Bowl Sunday. That's the only thing I care about on Super Bowl Sunday ... the food. Well, that and the commercials. They are usually darn funny. Anyway, we got talking about how we were both a little under the weather. She said that when she wasn't feeling well she likes to eat peaches. I said that I craved peaches when I was pregnant. I said, "Oh yeah, I remember that you like peach ......" I was trying to think of Crystal Light but I lost the word for a moment and she came on the line with "Schnapps!" I was shocked! Gram! My Gram! My 75 year old Gram! Then she told me a story about how she and my aunt Kathy got her realtor liquored up on Peach Schnapps during the deal to close on her first home so that they could get a better deal. Yup, my Gram. She's as sweet as a peach. And I never even knew it!Saturday, February 02, 2008
Sweet as a Peach
I called my Gram a little while ago to ask her about some recipes for Super Bowl Sunday. That's the only thing I care about on Super Bowl Sunday ... the food. Well, that and the commercials. They are usually darn funny. Anyway, we got talking about how we were both a little under the weather. She said that when she wasn't feeling well she likes to eat peaches. I said that I craved peaches when I was pregnant. I said, "Oh yeah, I remember that you like peach ......" I was trying to think of Crystal Light but I lost the word for a moment and she came on the line with "Schnapps!" I was shocked! Gram! My Gram! My 75 year old Gram! Then she told me a story about how she and my aunt Kathy got her realtor liquored up on Peach Schnapps during the deal to close on her first home so that they could get a better deal. Yup, my Gram. She's as sweet as a peach. And I never even knew it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's cool!!! You never know when she is finally going to let loose of her inhabitions. She always hits us when we least expect it. That's my Mom for ya!
Post a Comment