We have a front yard that was once nicely landscaped. The previous owner of this house was not only single (no kids or pets to wreck the grass), but she was a college professor in the Agriculture department. I am assuming she knew a thing or two about keeping the lawn looking nice. Stereotypical of me, I know...but the lawn did look nice. Then we moved in. And when I say we, I mean two adults who don't care for doing lawn work, two boys who prefer to trample the lawn playing football rather than pull weeds, two dogs who pee all over the place, and three cats that do God-knows-what on the lawn when I am not looking. Needless to say the yard has taken quite a hit since we moved in. Last weekend my mom and I decided to tackle couple of projects. I wish I had taken some "before" pictures, but we were so busy working I didn't stop to think about it. Here's an "after" picture of one of the bigger projects:
And here's a smaller project we did a few days ago ... I didn't mean to be in the "before" picture, but my mom took a picture of PJ helping me when I sat down to start pulling weeds.Here's what it looks like now:
After buying 25 bags of lava rocks, landscaping paper, landscaping sand, and two large pots for the plants in the front we decided to borrow the cactus plants we needed to finish the project from the natural Texas terrain. I don't think they'll be missed. At least I hope they aren't missed too much ... this particular plant in on an airplane heading to NY right this very minute!
And this one is on my front porch. Isn't it cute?!?
The next phase is attempting to turn the grass green. I am thinking that might be more of a job for Brian. I will stick to stealing roadside cactus plants! Just don't tell anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment