I just love chatting on the phone. I love talking to my family and friends. I love it so much that I intentionally limit my phone talking because I could easily neglect every other thing that needs to get done, including talking to my kids. Well, I couldn't really neglect that, but I definitely could neglect the homework, cooking, cleaning, etc. You know what I mean. I love talking on the phone, but I do not love it more than living my real, inside my house, inside my car, in my backyard, in the moment life. One of my biggest pet peeves is watching people drop off/pick up their kids at school and they are talking nonstop on their cell phones. You just spent 7 hours away from your kid .... talk to him!!! And another thing about phones ... if you called me and didn't leave me a message I am not going to call you back. I have caller ID on my home phone and my cell phone, but the only thing I use it for is to look up your number if I want to call you. To me a missed call says, "I called to chat but you weren't home so I didn't leave a message and it wasn't really important enough to have you call me back." And there's nothing wrong with that!! If I call you to chat and don't need you to call me back I won't leave a message either. But if I need you to call me back I will leave you a message. So please don't think I am rude if I didn't answer your missed call. If you want to talk to me, call again or leave me a message. If you don't like leaving messages, send me a text. I will answer that too. Eventually. I am not always good about bringing my cell phone into the house from the car. But that is a whole different issue! (PS This is not aimed at anyone in particular. I hardly ever look at my caller ID so if you are one of my recent missed calls ... I don't even know it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment