Monday, April 14, 2008

My Crying Machine


I got this card in the mail last week from my friend Joanna. I think it pretty much sums up how we women spend most of our days feeling ... with a little bit of comedy on the side. Do you remember my New Year's Resolution? It was to walk 400 miles in 2008. I don't count anything that I walk unless it is an intentional walk for exercise or walking the dogs. I don't wear a pedometer and count the steps I take all day long. If that were the case I think I'd be done already! I made it to 40 miles in January. Then I spent all of February and March so sick that I think I walked 4 miles in those two months combined. Now I am healthy again and back on the trail. I am up to 68 miles, but I have some catching up to do if I am going to make it to 400 by the end of the year. I have some things to dread look forward to in the coming months. Things like the Army Ball and bathing suit season. Hopefully getting back on my walking path will help me get ready for these horrible highly anticipated events. Do you have any other ideas for me? Any great tricks that will melt my layer of hibernation fat off from me before I venture out into public wearing less than a snowsuit? What are you doing to get ready for summertime?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I guess I have an account now! I couldn't read Marcy's blog (from the Netherlands!!!) without one. How come I could read yours?

Amy said...

She might have different privacy settings. What is her link? I want to see it!