Friday was a long day for us. I spent the entire day at the boys' school helping with the "senior luncheon." That is a lunch for 5th graders and 12th graders who used to go to elementary school in the same school. I thought it was a good idea because the 5th graders got to meet and talk with the high school seniors, the high school seniors got to walk through their old school and see some of their old teachers, and the teachers got to see some of their students from years ago. Apparently all of the elementary schools here in town do it. Ours was a little different because our elementary school has only been open for 4 years so we had seniors in attendance from the two elementary schools that no longer exist and merged to make our elementary school.
The guy in the gray t-shirt is Chase's homeroom and social studies teacher. The woman in the blue shirt is his math teacher.
While I was helping set up for the senior luncheon I took a short break to go watch Kenny's music play. They did a musical rendition of The Rainbow Fish. You can barely see Kenny in the second picture. He was a "monster rock" because he didn't want a speaking part.
At 5:30 we dropped Chase off for a school dance. Here he is with his date (and girlfriend) Emily.
After we left the school and the chaos of the dance, Brian, Kenny, and I went to see the soldiers that were running in the Relay for Life. They started with a team of 15 people, but around midnight ended up calling 10 more of their friends to come out and help them because they were getting so tired. They ran nonstop from 7 PM until 7 AM. Their team won the competition for the most laps by running 505 laps. That's 126.25 miles! The second place team was the Marines with 449 laps.
Kenny was glad to see his friend Nick at the Relay for Life. Nick's mom was participating with her coworkers and they were camping out overnight. Kenny was a little jealous that we weren't camping out, but still enjoyed hanging out with Nick while we were there.
The whole day was busy, but it was fun. I don't know how I ever had time to go to college!
No comments:
Post a Comment