Thursday, May 01, 2008

Music Lessons

Yesterday I took the boys on campus for a percussion lesson. Recently, Chase had to sign up for his middle school electives. He couldn't decide between "teen leadership" and band. The only other choices were choir and orchestra so it wasn't like he had anything that was super-appealing (to him) to choose from. I think if he ended up in choir he'd have a mini-heart attack and I'd have to homeschool again. So ... he put teen leadership as his first choice and band as his second choice. He still isn't sure which one he wants as there are pros and cons to each. Anyway, if he is in band he thinks he might want to be a part of the percussion section. So I found a college student who is majoring in music education to give him a couple of lessons. This way he can see if he likes it and get a little experience before the try-outs. Who knows, he may end up switching to saxophone or something like that. Or maybe he'll end up in teen leadership after all. Regardless, they had a fun time, I took some cute pictures, and we're going again next week for another go-around.

No comments: