My friend Jennifer recently posted a blog about how facebook is taking over her entire life. It is very addicting once you get used to it. I am still fairly new to all of these networking sites. About two years ago my friend Tracy convinced me to join myspace. She said that was the only way I was going to get to see pictures of her daughters ... so I signed up. I made my page all cutesy and filled it with all kinds of internet junk. Then I found everyone I knew and wasted endless hours sending silly comments and reading their bulletins. Last spring my friend Mandy, who won't do myspace, started a facebook account. She said facebook was the only way I was going to get to see pictures of her three kids. What is it with my friends and not being able to just get on a plane to come see me already?!? So I signed up for that too. At first I thought it was more difficult to navigate than myspace. I watched Mandy's kids' videos and forgot about facebook for several months. But now I am addicted. I have learned all about status updates and notifications and applications. I have friends on there that I haven't seen in almost 20 years. I think I have three or four ex-boyfriends on there too. It's weird like that. Everyone is just nice to each other all the time. If there is someone on there that you aren't overly fond of ... say if you get a friend request from someone that liked you more than you liked them but you are too nice to deny their friend request ... you can click a little button that makes it so you don't get as much information about that person on your homepage. That's very convenient, especially in the ex-boyfriend department! And don't even get me started on the games. Pathwords, Wordtwist, and Who Has the Biggest Brain are my favorites. My entire family is addicted.
Jennifer claims she needs a 12-step program to break her of her facebook addiction. I think student teaching will help me go cold turkey, but when I am done in May I will be back! With the biggest brain, the most words found on pathwords ..... the possibilities are endless!
3 comments:
I too am so addicted to fb! Laurie and I said we are going to set up a fb anonymous. Hi, my name is Joanna and I'm addicted to facebook. Hi, Joanna! You get the idea! : )
Oooh, now I feel bad because I was the one who begged you to sign up!
I have no clue how to use anything you just told me about (as you can see from my fb). I love seeing old friends on it though.
Post a Comment