Thursday, January 08, 2009

The Tattoo

In the comment section of the post about my walking goal I mentioned that I am considering a tattoo. I have one already that I am not very fond of. When we were at Fort Meade in 2001 I was on the waiting list to have it removed at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Unfortunately they called me about 2 weeks before we were going to move to California. So I still have it and I still don't like it. I have wanted another tattoo for many years, but I always thought it would be best to get rid of the tattoo I didn't like before I got another one. Well, I am not getting any younger so lately I have been thinking about going ahead and getting the other tattoo that I want. The image I want to get is of a sun that is on a Godsmack CD. The place I want to get it on my body ... well, there's a story there too ... about a year ago I was talking to Jennifer about tattoos and she told me a phrase that I had never heard before, but I am sure you are all aware of (because I tend to live in the dark ages sometimes). The phrase? Tramp stamp. Yup, that's where I want it. If I can get myself in decent enough shape that I feel comfortable spending a couple of hours laying on my stomach with my pants pushed down, in front of a stranger, over a chair that looks like it should be in either a dentist's office or a porn movie, while he permanently inks me up with something referred to as a tramp stamp, then that's the plan. And don't worry, I'll keep you all posted with the boring details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm game, I'm trying to design the one I want. Maybe we can go together!
DJ

Anonymous said...

I love that sun! Good call!
Jo