Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Good News!

I found out today that I got a Pell Grant from the government to help pay for college. I also received a Carr Scholarship -- a local scholarship given at the college that is based on grades. My scholarship award was $3,500 and my Pell Grant was $1,960. I am taking 18 credit hours in the fall and 19 in the spring. The tuition for the two semesters adds up to $5,473.80. So Brian and I only have to pay $13.80 out-of-pocket towards my tuition. Yes, thirteen dollars and eighty cents! I will still need to pay certain fees and buy my books, but I am very excited and grateful to be getting $5,46o in free college money :)
Of course if I was sane (Cherie, should that say 'if I were sane'?) I would only be taking 12 C.H. each semester and I could actually make some money on this deal. But you all know my husband. And you know he likes to move way too often! So I am cramming in as much as I can in as little time as possible.
Speaking of which, my two online summer classes started on Monday so I should probably be working on them and not playing with my blog. Ta-ta for now.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

You go girl! Don't work too hard.

Cherie said...

Congratulations! Don't work too hard.

Jennifer said...

WOW! That's great about the money! I'm glad you chose education if that's what you really want to do!

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW HOOOOOO! I'M SO GLAD FOR YOU!