At first I thought he was dead. I was on the trail and the boys were here: (my camera is zoomed all the way)
This is how the conversation went between me and the boys: (we had to yell but I won't be rude and put it all in caps)
Me: Boys! Did you see this dead snake down here?
Chase & Kenny: No, where is it?
I walk over to the motionless snake, point down and yell: Right here!
Chase: Pick it up!
Me: NO WAY!! (I yelled that extra loud)
Kenny: Come on mom, just pick it up.
Me: You guys come down to see it.
Then I decide that I should be the cool mom and just pick the darn thing up. After all it's dead, right? I look closer and say: It hasn't been dead very long. It isn't even dried up.
So then I poke it's tail with my foot just to check if it is stiff enough to pick up without getting all grossed out. And the damn thing moves!! Towards me!! With it's tongue out!!
Chase later explained that meant that it was only smelling me, but I didn't care. It looked like a threat to me.So one nano-second after it moved I really started yelling ... and I mean LOUD, SISSY, GIRLY SCREAMING! And running. Which was followed by laughter from Chase & Kenny. Lots of it. Then they had to practically run down the hill so that they could see it before it slithered away. Not my favorite experience from the weekend.


2 comments:
CINDY SAY THIS IS TO FUNNY!
HEY
Post a Comment